We are currently seeking an experienced Designer to begin immediately. Proficiency in AutoCAD and Studio Designer a MUST. LMB Interiors is not your typical design firm. In addition to the details below, we are seeking an energetic fit for the incredible community of sisters who work on our team. Our days are punctuated by breaking bread together, spontaneous dance parties, laughter, and bonding. See what we’re talking about on Instagram @lmbinteriors.
Sound like something you’d like to be a part of? We’d love to meet you! Please fill out the job application form below, or email us your resume, a short bio, and cover letter sharing why you’re interested in working for LMB Interiors!
***BONUS POINTS: Send a selfie video telling us why you’re the right designer for this position in our Instagram DM’s @lmbinteriors ***
The Designer is responsible for supporting lead designers in developing, managing, and recording technical aspects of the project. They work closely with the project manager, design coordinators, and project teams on conceptual designs, presentations, design development, and production.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and manage project design and implementation from Schematic Design phase through completion
- Support designers to manage clients, coordination, project supervision, and site visits
- Expedite and follow up on orders at fabricators, artisans, and contractors
- Preparation of floor plans, elevations, design presentations, renderings, finish schedules, custom furniture design drawings, and specifications
- Assist other Designers and Principal in all project-related tasks and execution of project goals
- Source, quote, create client proposals
- Prepare project documents, budget, scope, and timeline
- Represent the LMB Interiors Brand at all times in professionalism and appearance
Job Qualifications and Competencies
Required qualifications and competencies:
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Understanding of current interior design practices and standards
- Working knowledge of current California Codes and Regulations
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, Adobe InDesign, Illustrator + Photoshop, Microsoft Office, Studio Designer
- Knowledge of the San Francisco Design Center; maintains and nurtures contacts
- Works well with a team and independently
- Able to manage multiple projects, timelines, and deadlines
- Flexible, positive, can-do attitude
- Growth Mindset- Interested in personal growth and self-inquiry as a consistent practice
- Creative problem solver; looks at problems as opportunities
- Stays calm under pressure
- High EQ – Does not take things personally – not defensive, open to growth.
- Ability to be coached and learn alternate ways of approaching issues
- Able to identify and manage emotions of self and team.